Thursday, July 8, 2010

Guild School 2011

I'm happy to announce that my class proposal for the 2011 Guild School has been accepted!  I will be teaching the Garden Cottage - see my blog posting for June 8th.

If you're coming to the Guild School and would like to try 1:144 scale, this is a great project.  It covers all aspects of the scale - construction, furnishing and landscaping.  No special skills or power tools are needed for this one, and it's fun to make!

There will be time in the class to completely finish the whole thing.  I'm obsessive about that, always take care to design my classes so that nobody leaves with a partly finished project. (Full disclosure: when I take classes, I'm always one of the last to finish, and have way too many unfinished pieces from classes I took years ago.  I don't want that to happen to my students.)

2 comments:

  1. I was thisclose to emailing or calling you later today.

    I'm not surprised the project was accepted - it's great. And it means that I'm going to attend the Guild School next year for the first time ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have you in my class!

    I'm sure you will enjoy the Guild School. It really is fun, and Castine is a lovely little town with lots of nifty old houses overlooking the water. Please do call or email if you have questions and/or would like some helpful hints (like what clothes to bring, etc.)

    If you're coming to the Guild Show in September, they will have flyers with class listings and info. Also in "Philly" too, I'm sure.

    Warning - going to Guild School is addictive!

    ReplyDelete

Followers